- 1 Tablespoon freshly ground flax seeds (can use a coffee grinder)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 Medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Small carrot, grated
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups cooked or 1 (15 ounce) can, no-salt-added or low sodium, black beans, drained
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped kale
- 1–2 Tablespoons rolled oats, if needed to adjust consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flax seeds and water in a small bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons water in a sauté pan and water sauté the onion, garlic and carrot until the onions are translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the spices.
- Partially mash the beans with a fork or pulse in a food processor. Add to the vegetables and spices.
- Stir in the flax and water mixture and the kale.
- Form into 4 burgers and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. (If mixture is too wet, rolled oats may be added to adjust consistency)
- Bake for 15 minutes, carefully flip, and bake for another 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If desired, serve on a 100% whole grain roll with sliced onion, avocado, tomato and lettuce.
BETA-CAROTENE 1566ug; VITAMIN C 8mg; CALCIUM 74mg; IRON 2.8mg; FOLATE 57ug; MAGNESIUM 47mg; POTASSIUM 413mg; ZINC 0.8mg; SELENIUM 2ug
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 27mg
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Veggie-Bean Burgers, Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, flax seeds, onion, garlic cloves, cumin, chili powder, paprika, rolled oats
Enjoy This Recipe?
Click the image below to join our free weekly newsletter to receive even more amazing recipes and health tips.