Makes 4 (1.5 cup) servings
For the Grilled Chicken
- In a bowl, sprinkle all the spices over the chicken and rub the spices into the chicken breast until fully coated. If you think you need a little more olive oil to coat, you can add another tablespoon.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat. Note: Depending on the pan you are using, you may need to drizzle a bit of olive oil in the pan to keep the chicken from sticking.
- Once the pan is hot, add the chicken. You’ll want to keep yourself from checking on your chicken too often, because you want a good sear on the outside of your chicken. It will almost seem like it’s burning, but you want a nice dark brown outside to form.
- Cook on the side for about 15 minutes. Flip over and do the same to the other side of the chicken, about 15 minutes, until the chicken reads 165 and the juices run clear when pierced.
- Remove from heat and cool a bit before slicing for your salad.
- Now it’s time to make assemble your salad.
- Toss the romaine and spinach together.
- Layer from left to right orange pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, sliced chicken, avocado, green pepper, black beans.
- Go back and fill in some black olives and cilantro.
- Drizzle with our smoky chili lime dressing or our healthy “Dorothy Lynch” Dressing.
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Fat: 11.1g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4g
- Fiber: 10.1g
- Protein: 8.2g
Keywords: Tex Mex Chicken Salad, Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Chili Powder, Cumin, Oregano, Garlic Powder, Olive Oil, Romaine Lettuce, Spinach Leaves, Orange Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Grilled Chicken Breast, Chopped Avocado, Green Bell Pepper, Black Beans, Black Olives, Cilantro