- Pierce sweet potato in several spots with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until soft or microwave on high for 12-16 minutes.
- Let potato cool, remove skin and mash.
- In a large pan, heat 2-3 tablespoons water and water sauté onion for 2 minutes, add mushroom stems and garlic and continue to sauté until onions and mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushroom caps to pan, along with vegetable broth, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove mushroom caps from pan and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Mix spinach and mashed sweet potato into onion mixture.
- Season with black pepper.
- Fill mushroom caps with sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.
- Drizzle with a few drops of balsamic vinegar or your favorite flavored vinegar.
SODIUM 44mg | FIBER 3.1g | BETA-CAROTENE 6552ug | VITAMIN C 13mg | CALCIUM 54mg | IRON 1.1mg | FOLATE 46ug | MAGNESIUM 36mg | POTASSIUM 542mg | ZINC 0.7mg | SELENIUM 8.2ug
- Calories: 73
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Sweet Potato Stuffed Mushrooms, Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, sweet potato, mushrooms, vegetable broth, spinach