Recipe by Julie Ann Luse
Serves 10 (approximately 2 cup serving each)
For this recipe I usually slow roast a small chicken or two the day before. Then I can divide up the meat for casseroles, salad or soups and use the rest to make chicken stock. You can also use a whole package of taco seasoning instead of all the spices below. This soup is so easy to make, if you don’t have all day to put it in the slow cooker, you could make a quick version on the soup and serve right away. I usually make this the night before right in the slow cooker pot. Then I plug it in the next morning and by noon it’s all ready to go. Enjoy!
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, chicken broth, chicken, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- Add spices and stir to blend.
- Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5-7 hours or on high heat for 2-4 hours.
- When nearing the time to serve, add ½ cup of the chopped cilantro to the soup.
- If not doing the slow cooker version, you can heat over medium high heat to a boil.
- Then simmer for about 20 minutes to let the flavors set.
- Serving Size: Approx. 2 cups
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 1375mg
- Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 25.1g
Keywords: Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup, Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, Onion, Kidney Beans, Whole Kernal Corn, Tomato Sauce, Black Beans, Whole Kernel Corn, Tomato Sauce, Chicken Broth, Diced Tomatoes, Cumin, Chili Powder, Oregano, Garlic Powder