Mini Bell Pepper Loaded Turkey “Nachos”
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb. Ground turkey
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tsp. cumin powder
- 1 Tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 Cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 Cup chicken broth
- 21 Mini rainbow peppers, halved and seeded (about 13 oz seeded)
- 2 Tbsp. light sour cream, thinned with 1 tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced thin (optional)
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment or aluminum foil. Lightly spray with oil.
- Spray oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and cilantro and sauté about 2 minutes, add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes, until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and chicken broth, mix well and simmer on medium for about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up close together.
- Fill each with cooked ground turkey mixture
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with black olives, sour cream and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 7 nachos
- Calories: 160
Keywords: Mini Bell Pepper Loaded Turkey "Nachos", Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, Olive Oil Spray, Ground Turkey, Garlic Clove, Onion, Cilantro, Parsley, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Kosher Salt, Tomato Sauce, Chicken Broth, Mini Rainbow Peppers, Sour Cream, Black Olives, Jalapeno, Chopped Cilantro
Enjoy This Recipe?
Click the image below to join our free weekly newsletter to receive even more amazing recipes and health tips.