Does drinking water help speed up your metabolism?
Weight loss drugs boost your metabolism, it increases noradrenaline 60 percent but there are some serious side effects. Those side effects can be dangerous.
How about water induced thermogenesis? There are several interesting studies that looked at the importance of water I want to share with you.
1. Let’s talk about the results of the study they called spectacular. This was a real revelation, drinking 500 milliliters of water increased metabolic rate by 30 percent, and this occurred within 10 minutes. This reached its peak about 30 to 40 minutes after the water and the total thermogenic response was about 100 kilojoules. Now you may ask what does that mean? That means you’re going to burn an extra 100 calories per day, which is more than some of the things used as diet supplements, and much safer. The side effects of water are what? Nothing bad, lots of good things happen when you drink water!
2. Here’s another study. This one was conducted among 21 overweight and obese children from both sexes. They showed a 25 percent increase in metabolism for some and that was drinking cold water. So there may be some additional benefits to drinking cold water. One more study, in both groups in this experiment the energy expenditure increased significantly 20 percent, some 12 percent, some eight percent, some and five percent, but any boost is good!
3. Let’s look at another interesting study that is a controlled study. So we have a group that’s doing the same diet versus a group that’s doing the same diet plus the water. What they found was that the group that was drinking water 30 minutes before meals lost weight 44 faster than the just diet group. Eight pounds more total during the experiment. There’s an interesting note that they had in this article. That note just said this is essentially as much weight as people usually lose when they buy one of those commercial weight loss programs, where you’re buying your food from a company. You can get the same benefits by just drinking water!
So what does all this mean? First,don’t do diet drugs or weight loss supplements. They are just not healthy!
Importantly, Drinking water actually provides negative calories, the increase in metabolic rate with drinking water could be systematically applied in the prevention of weight gain and associated metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors. In essence water drinking provides negative calories.
I want to give you a couple final thoughts on water.
1. Don’t drink more than about three cups per hour, it can cause you to lose a lot of electrolytes. If you’re drinking a lot of water you need to take some sodium and potassium.
2. It can be hard on your kidneys, if you have kidney problems.
3. Cold water appears to work better.
If you’re on blood pressure medications, this is probably not going to work for you, because the blood pressure medications block these pathways that make this happen. You’ll know if you’re on a blood pressure medication by looking at the last three letters, lol, like atenolol, nadolol, or propranolol. All of those things will block this process.
Drink two cups of water above your normal water intake 30 minutes before each meal, I’m going to give that a thumbs up and suggest you do that!