Healthy Apple Crisp
Author: Monique Volz of AmbitiousKitchen.com
For the topping:
- 1/3 Cup almond flour)
- 1/2 Cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 Cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 Cup raw chopped pecans
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup cold pressed coconut oil
For the crisp:
- 5–6 Medium Honeycrisp or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick avocado oil cooking spray.
- Set aside.
To make the topping:
- Combine the flour, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt and pecans in a large bowl until well-combined.
- Add in the coconut oil and use your hands to squeeze and combine until the mixture becomes crumbly and resembles wet sand.
- Once finished, place topping in the fridge and begin making the apple filling.
To make the filling:
- Place apples, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Take 1/3 cup of the topping mixture and toss with the apple mixture.
- Place the apple mixture in prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with topping.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Serving Size: 9 servings
- Calories: 204 kcal
Keywords: Healthy Apple Crisp, Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, Almond Flour, Rolled Oats, Coconut Sugar, Chopped Pecans Cinnamon, Coconut Oil
Enjoy This Recipe?
Click the image below to join our free weekly newsletter to receive even more amazing recipes and health tips.