The 7 Systems Plan | by Julie Luse
Makes 4 servings (2 cups each)
The sautéed onions and leeks add a richness to this creamy carrot soup that makes it stand out from other carrot soups out there. Sweet and savory and loaded with nutrients that will satisfy as well as lift your energy. So easy to make a big batch and store in mason jars for up to two weeks (if you have a nice tight lid on your jar). Enjoy!
- Add oil to stock pot over medium heat and sauté onions and leeks until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and chicken broth and white pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer for about 4 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Cool slightly, then puree in batches in blender or food processor.
- Return to pot and simmer until hot or transfer to storage containers to heat up later.
- Serve with a dollop of organic yogurt or organic sour cream, and sprinkle with fresh dill.
Keywords: Creamy Carrot and Leek Soup, Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, Olive Oil, Chopped Yellow Onion, Chopped Leeks, Carrots, Chicken Broth, White Pepper