Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Trail Mix
Instead of beating yourself up for wanting a sweet delight, try this sweet but low glycemic mix that will satisfy and fortify! When the oven’s aroma fills the house you will even feel pampered, reminiscing of Christmas morning.
Beware, others in your home will surely come out to see what you are making – you might need to make extra, just in case.
Makes 4 cups, Serves 8 (1/2 cup servings)
- 1 Cup almonds, raw
- 1 Cup cashews, raw
- 1 Cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), raw
- ½ Cup unsweetened coconut flakes (not shredded)
- ½ Cup sunflower seeds
- 2.5 Tablespoons of Coconut Nectar (this is a low glycemic sweetener)
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients together and spread out onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- The nuts should be golden and dry to the touch.
- Let cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Will stay fresh for about one month.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 301.6mg
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 16.1g
- Protein: 11.9g
Keywords: Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Trail Mix, Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, pepitas, pumpkin seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, Coconut Nectar
Enjoy This Recipe?
Click the image below to join our free weekly newsletter to receive even more amazing recipes and health tips.