Best Healthy Veggie Turkey Chili Recipe
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
by Julie Luse
When I make this Chunky Chili, I usually get asked for the recipe. Even my kids enjoy it with their various pickiness (one doesn’t like onions, one doesn’t like mushrooms and one doesn’t like red sauce), but they love this chunky chili every time! Shhh…I won’t tell them it’s packed full of nutrients. This recipe is high in vitamin C, Iron, vitamin B6, Zinc and vitamin K, just to name a few. I think you’ll love it!
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped garlic cloves
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 Tablespoons of The Ultimate Chili Seasoning (recipe below) or use a premade mix from store
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- ½ Cup chopped red pepper
- ½ Cup chopped orange pepper
- 2 Cups chopped green pepper
- 1 Cup chopped white onion
- 1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ Cup of tomato puree (from the can)
- 1 14.5 oz Can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz Can of tomato sauce
- 1 15oz Can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil and garlic over medium high heat.
- Add ground turkey and lower heat to medium low until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of The Ultimate Chili Seasoning over meat and mix together.
- Add celery, red pepper, orange pepper, green pepper, white onion, sliced mushrooms, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of The Ultimate Chili Seasoning and mix well.
- Add tomato puree, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and black beans and gently mix together.
- Cover and simmer chili for at least an hour (you can cook over several hours on low in a crock pot if you like but beware that cooking it too long will continue to soften the veggies and beans down).
You will notice a very thick chili at the beginning, as the vegetables start to brew they release water and it thins down. We like our chili chunky, but it’s easy to thin it down with a little water if you want a different consistency. Enjoy!
I use organic and low sodium canned tomatoes, sauce and beans. To cut even more sugar out find your tomatoes and sauce sugar free and (even better) in a glass jar if possible.
Vitamin C – 60%, Iron – 20%, Potassium – 21%, Zinc – 14%, Niacin – 24%, Vitamin B6 – 22%, Folic Acid – 14%, Vitamin K – 26%
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Serving Size: 2 cups (8 total servings)
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Fat: 7.2g
- Carbohydrates: 22.3g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Protein: 16.3g
Keywords: Best Healthy Veggie Turkey Chili Recipe, Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, Ground Turkey Breast, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Cloves, The Ultimate Chili Seasoning
Enjoy This Recipe?
Click the image below to join our free weekly newsletter to receive even more amazing recipes and health tips.