by Julie Luse
When I make this Chunky Chili, I usually get asked for the recipe. Even my kids enjoy it with their various pickiness (one doesn’t like onions, one doesn’t like mushrooms and one doesn’t like red sauce), but they love this chunky chili every time! Shhh…I won’t tell them it’s packed full of nutrients. This recipe is high in vitamin C, Iron, vitamin B6, Zinc and vitamin K, just to name a few. I think you’ll love it!
- Heat oil and garlic over medium high heat.
- Add ground turkey and lower heat to medium low until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of The Ultimate Chili Seasoning over meat and mix together.
- Add celery, red pepper, orange pepper, green pepper, white onion, sliced mushrooms, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of The Ultimate Chili Seasoning and mix well.
- Add tomato puree, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and black beans and gently mix together.
- Cover and simmer chili for at least an hour (you can cook over several hours on low in a crock pot if you like but beware that cooking it too long will continue to soften the veggies and beans down).
You will notice a very thick chili at the beginning, as the vegetables start to brew they release water and it thins down. We like our chili chunky, but it’s easy to thin it down with a little water if you want a different consistency. Enjoy!
I use organic and low sodium canned tomatoes, sauce and beans. To cut even more sugar out find your tomatoes and sauce sugar free and (even better) in a glass jar if possible.
Click the image below to see the Ultimate Chili Seasoning recipe:
The Ultimate Chili Seasoning
- Prep Time:30 minutes
- Cook Time:1 hour
Keywords: Best Healthy Veggie Turkey Chili Recipe, Teresa's 7 Systems Kitchen, Dr. Pat Luse, The 7 Systems Plan, Ground Turkey Breast, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Cloves, The Ultimate Chili Seasoning